SCP SCIENTIFICALLY ENGAGED LECTURE GRANTS
In order to foster philosophical discussion and encourage scientifically engaged projects at a wider range of colleges and universities, the Society of Christian Philosophers is sponsoring a scientifically engaged lecture grant. The program will support up to 6 grants for the 2021/2022 academic year. Each grant will provide up to $2,000 for departments to host a Christian philosopher or theologian involved in scientifically engaged work for a campus event or events.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant (i.e., inviter) must be a member of the Society of Christian Philosophers, the American Catholic Philosophical Association, the Evangelical Philosophical Society, or the Evangelical Theological Society.
- The host department/institution is responsible for all lecture logistics.
- Grant funds will be disbursed in advance of the event upon approval of the application. The funds can be supplemented or leveraged with other institutional funds, but this is neither a requirement nor a factor in evaluating applications.
- The primary lecture should be video recorded, and a copy of that video will be shared with the SCP for posting on the Society’s YouTube channel.
- After the event, grant recipients need not submit receipts but are required to submit both a brief report and photos of the event.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications must be emailed to the grant co-leaders at [email protected]
- Each application should be attached as one single page and saved as a PDF.
- Identify the philosopher to be invited and include a brief description of the scientifically engaged topic they might present on.
- Indicate the format of the events anticipated (e.g. lecture, classroom visit, or lecture with lunch with graduate students, undergrads, etc.) .
- Indicate the approximate date of the event (e.g. Nov 2021).
- Provide a high-level overview of the budget, including any matching funds, with a clear indication of the total request of the SCP.
The application deadline for grants for the 2021-2022 academic year is 1 August, 2021. Grant announcements will be made to the entire SCP membership by 15 August, 2021.
Any questions regarding the grants or the application process should be send to [email protected].